Hi, guys! Just thought I’d get a quick post in before 2017 begins–and it’s the perfect time to be looking at goals, right? 😉
I haven’t done one of these in a while, but I’ve spent the last couple of weeks thinking about what I want to achieve next year. As I said in my last post, my main aim of the year is to become consistent in my habits, particularly in my learning, and I’m hoping my monthly goals will reflect that.
What are my 2017 goals?
I’m going to obviously work on maintaining and improving my German–that’s my main language right now and it’s going to be the main language of my career (!) so I have to make sure it’s up to scratch. I also want to improve my Mandarin and Spanish, with the intention of travelling to Spain sometime in the year.
I’d also like to try out at least one language (maybe two, but that’s entirely dependent on my schedule and time management); I’m looking at Polish right now. I do not plan on starting that until February, however, as I have four deadlines between now and then, so I know I won’t have a lot of time to really throw myself into a new language.
What are January’s goals?
I’m choosing a language of the month to focus on (excluding German, as I use that pretty often now)–for January, it’s going to be Mandarin.
For the month of January, I’d like to:
- study Mandarin at least five minutes a day
- learn five new words a day on Memrise
- do the IGLC at least half of the days
- do all of the #365daysoflanglearning prompts (though I will allow myself to use any language for those!)
And that’s it! A little more low-maintenance (I hope!), so I’m looking forward to seeing how much I get done. Those five minutes a day might not seem like a lot, but it’ll add up to a fair amount of work by the end of the month.
Join Clear the List!
1. Share your goal post whether it includes your aspirations for the month or year. Submissions unrelated to the theme or links to your homepage will be deleted.
4. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE: Please visit the site of the person who linked up immediately before you and leave them an encouraging comment! By hosting this linkup, we’re hoping to create a positive community where we can all share our goals. If you do not do this, you will be removed from the linkup.
5. Share on social media using #ClearTheList.