Hi, guys! It’s been a while, huh?
Basically, after I started doing the challenge I’d set last year and got into the final few months of my MA degree, I found myself drifting away from the intensive language study I’d been used to (which meant the blog, too) and, despite some abortive returns to this blog, I’ve made a conscious decision to stay away since January of this year. I didn’t want to do what I’ve done in the past: post a few times, get all swept up in something, and then not finish it. Plus, I’ve been working on my other blog (and generally been trying to work out what I want to do with the rest of my life, eek!), so I didn’t want to return to this one before I was ready.
I’m feeling pretty ready now. I’ve been keeping a weekly log over at the Language Learner’s Forum more-or-less successfully throughout 2018, and it’s given me a better idea of what I’d like to talk about here. It’s also given me the chance to work out my own study plan and join a few more challenges (always my fave)!
So for this month, I’ve got some language goals and some blogging goals that I’d like to share with you all—hopefully I’ll meet them!
My language goals for this month are either course-related or challenge-related. I’m mainly focusing on two challenges (both of which I’m going to write about in more depth later in the month): the Super Challenge and the Free and Legal Challenge (FLC). Obviously, these challenges both have deadlines that I’m hoping to meet, so they’re my priority.
I’ll also be participating in the Six Week Challenge (6WC) throughout August and September; I’ve spoken about this one before. My target language will be Korean.
- Finish reading Stormbreaker (Anthony Horowitz; tr. Karlheinz Dürr).
- Watch Game of Thrones S01E01-E08.
- Study up to FSI Basic Spanish Unit 13.
- Read La Ciudad de las Bestias (Isabel Allende) for the Language Learner’s Forum Book Club.
- Finish season two of Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
- Refresh up to NPCR Lesson 12.
- Watch four episodes of 他来了，请闭眼.
- Study up to Assimil Basque Lesson 12.
- Watch four episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender.
- Study up to DLI – Polish Basic Unit 17.
- Study up to FSI Basic Korean Unit 6.
- Study up to TTMIK Level 2, Lesson 8.
- Watch four episodes of 무림학교.
That’s about enough to keep me busy, I think! But I’ve got some blogging goals too…
- Post regular updates on my 6WC progress (1/week).
- Post regular language-related articles (challenges, methods, etc. (min. 1/every other week).
- Revamp the blog (wow, does it need a makeover).
Aaaand, that’s it! My goals for August, all there—and I’ve got a busy week in the middle of it, so it’s going to be a hard month to get things done.
Still, if I achieve even half of it, I’ll have made progress!
What are your goals for this month, language or otherwise? Let me know!
JOIN CLEAR THE LIST!
1. Share your goal post whether it includes your aspirations for the month or year. Submissions unrelated to the theme or links to your homepage will be deleted.
2. Link back to this post. You can use our button code below if you wish.
4. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE: Please visit the site of the person who linked up immediately before you and leave them an encouraging comment! By hosting this linkup, we’re hoping to create a positive community where we can all share our goals. If you do not do this, you will be removed from the linkup.
5. Share on social media using #ClearTheList.